19/09/2014

35mm


About once every 5 years or so I think, "Wouldn't it be nice to shoot a roll of film?". I buy a disposable camera or borrow an SLR and months later when the roll is actually finished I sell a kidney to pay for developing. Invariably the pictures are awful and the impulse lies dormant for another half decade.

On last month's 'stag' in the Lake District, this exact notion took me, and I borrowed Mrs PR's Olympus Trip 35 to capture my old school pal's last weekend of freedom. 1/3 of the roll didn't even get processed which I guess means they were too rude, or, more likely, too rubbish to print. On top of this the last few exposures (which were taken on rides back in South East London) were wrecked by not winding the film back correctly. Despite this, the undeniable charm of analogue media means that some of the photos are serviceable:




2 comments:

  1. Try 'Eye Culture' on Bethnal Green Road for cheap process and scan.

    ReplyDelete