26/09/2012

Vintage Menswear: A Collection From The Vintage Showroom


I heard about this book a couple of weeks ago, and incredibly I'd never visited The Vintage Showroom's Earlham Street shop before. I made a point to rectify this on Monday, on a little shopping trip with Miss PR. Needless to say the edit is astonishing, my particular favourites being a brace of 60's/70's cycling jerseys (currently a Tour themed window) and the US Navy N-1 deck jacket, which I have been coveting for a while now - didn't dare ask the price. The whole thing is a million miles away from the usual polyester jungles of London vintage shops, and if their retail outlet is as good as this, I can only imagine what gems their 'appointment only' basement/studio holds. Luckily, these secrets are revealed in their new publication, with great looking full-bleed photography and text. So for want of a good excuse to view the private collection, I guess I'll just have to buy the book. Have a rummage round their website for lots of lovely teaser pics too.

No comments:

Post a Comment